Wordfast updating
Thread poster: Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 07:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2005

I bought the Wordfast version (4.2) last year. I can be happier with this tool. Now they released the new version (5.0) and I installed as they indicate in the manual, however, first of all it does not ask me for my license number and second when I tried to use one my old TMs (which have more than 500 TU) it tells me that it can not use it and that if I already have the license to introduce it, but it doesn't tell me where.
Have anyone had this problem before? Can someone help me? I'll re
... See more
I bought the Wordfast version (4.2) last year. I can be happier with this tool. Now they released the new version (5.0) and I installed as they indicate in the manual, however, first of all it does not ask me for my license number and second when I tried to use one my old TMs (which have more than 500 TU) it tells me that it can not use it and that if I already have the license to introduce it, but it doesn't tell me where.
Have anyone had this problem before? Can someone help me? I'll really appreciate it.
Saludos,

Dinorah
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
it shouldn't, but... Mar 16, 2005

Dinorah María Tijerino-Acosta wrote:
Iif I already have the license to introduce it, but it doesn't tell me where.

Hi Dinorah,
It happens sometimes, although it shouldn't.
Anyway, your license (the one you got on the email when you bought it) goes in the same place where you put it the first time (in the last tab with the '?').
After that you might need to close WF and restart it, select the ini you want if it's not selected and reorganise TM and glossaries.

HTH,
Grace.

[Edited at 2005-03-16 16:06]

Local time: 07:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the place of updating the license Mar 16, 2005

Thank you Graciela. I found the "?" sign where I introduced my license and reorganized my TM and it worked beautifully.

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast updating

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »