Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:29
Member (2011)
Portuguese to German
+ ...
Oct 28, 2016

Good morning everybody,

I'm unable to type the translation in the respective segment.

I updated from El Capitan to Sierra which is clearly a thing I shouldn't have done (Updates are NEVER for the good).

Has anyone an idea why the segment to be typed in is frozen? I can normally go to the next segment and also save the file etc., but I can't type.

Is that a Java issue? After the update, I was asked to re-install the previous Java version to open WFP3 which is what I did.

Thanks for any help and Happy Friday

Dylan Jan Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Works for me Oct 28, 2016

Hi Patrick,

I updated to Sierra, followed the Java updates and it's all okay for me.

Try re-starting? Possibly installing the new Wordfast update that came out a few days ago will help?

Good luck!

DJH

Brazil
Member (2011)
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked for me too Oct 28, 2016

Hi,

Yes, installing the WFP 3 Update solved the problem. If you go for updates you have to go for updates.icon_smile.gif Installing one and leaving out the other is no solution either.

Thank you DJ Hartmannicon_smile.gif

Dylan Jan Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Saved! Oct 28, 2016

Glad to hear it worked!

Brazil
Member (2011)
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A different question: Oct 28, 2016

Not sure if it's worth opening a topic, so I just ask you guys here quickly.

1.) Anybody knows how to switch between the "entry fields" using the keyboard? In other applications, for example in Gmail, it is "Tab".

I have to "confirm all segments" in over 300 files and to make it a quick turnaround I need keyboard shortcuts, e.g. when it appears "file exists, overwrite?", I have to switch from No to yYs (without using the mouse!).

2.) There is no way to "confirm all segments" in multiple files in one go, right?

Merci

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP 3 "Unable to type"

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search