Install document to target section in wordfast anywhere?
Thread poster: bulentavci

bulentavci
Turkey
Local time: 15:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2016

Hello,
Is it possible to upload a document to the target section? I have a pdf (source) and a msword doc (target) and I want to upload them into wordfast anywhere to revise.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
No Nov 13, 2016

No, you can't. There is no target section. You probably should align the document to produce a translation memory and re-translate / review the source file using the TM.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:22
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Why use a CAT? Nov 13, 2016

There may well be a good reason - I use my CAT in a very limited way, the only way I know. But if there's no source, there's no TM, surely. Wouldn't Word's Track Changes function do the job in a simpler way?

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Reason is simple Nov 13, 2016

The reason is pretty simple: you'll produce a TM that will be used for future translations or reviews. Besides, most CAT tools present (and can export) translation projects in a fashion such as a bilingual table that is better for reviewing as you are not distracted by formatting / layout peculiarities.

bulentavci
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 14, 2016

Thanks for the replies. I have the source file and the translated text. I have the revise it. I can upload the source file to WFA. Can I also upload the translated text to the right side of so I can revise easily.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-eCH_iCC11MVk1dVctc2hmSWc/view

[Edited at 2016-11-14 07:53 GMT]

Adrien Esparron
Local time: 14:22
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
A MS Word table? Nov 14, 2016

bulentavci a écrit :

I have the source file and the translated text. I have the revise it. I can upload the source file to WFA. Can I also upload the translated text to the right side of so I can revise easily.

I'm afraid you cannot do it with WFA, but why not use a simple table in MS Word with two columns? Or to display the two files side-by side?

Another way you could align the two files and work with the output file (two columns).

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install document to target section in wordfast anywhere?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search