Cecilia Divett
Cecilia Divett  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:49
English to French
+ ...
Nov 17, 2016

Hello,

I have just installed Wordfast Pro 4 and am using it for the first time.

I have imported my client's package, which comprises the files and TM. I can open the files and can see that some segments have TM matches, along with the percentage of match.

However, the TM look up window, at the bottom of my screen is empty, even though the current segment is showing a partial TM match..

I'm sure it is something obvious that I am missing, perhap
... See more
Hello,

I have just installed Wordfast Pro 4 and am using it for the first time.

I have imported my client's package, which comprises the files and TM. I can open the files and can see that some segments have TM matches, along with the percentage of match.

However, the TM look up window, at the bottom of my screen is empty, even though the current segment is showing a partial TM match..

I'm sure it is something obvious that I am missing, perhaps a setting I missed out when installing the software, or a TM setting I need to check!

If anybody knows, I'd sure appreciate the help!

Many thanks
Cecilia

**Edit: I have just noticed that the TM included in the package appears as "TM Server" Type, is that why I am not seeing the match results? Do I need to import it in order to view them? I noticed this, after translating a segment, and pressing Alt+Down, it warns me "No writable TM available"... ** Thank you!

[Edited at 2016-11-17 11:05 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TMs already in the package Nov 17, 2016

Hello Cecilia
TM and glossary should be already in the package, which means that when you import it you should also get them by default.

Why don't you ask the peson who sent you the package, confirming they were included in the package?

Kind regards
Lucia

Cecilia Divett
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue coming from TM Server Nov 17, 2016

Thank you for your answer Lucia,

Yes I did ask the client about it and they sent me a copy of the TM which I added to my project locally, that seems to work now.

I still don't know why I could not view the match results in the TM Look up window with using simply the TM Server - it's as if WF thought there was no TM.. at least I can complete this project now!

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 05:49
Automatic Leverage option in TM Lookup tab Nov 17, 2016

Cecilia Divett wrote:

Thank you for your answer Lucia,

Yes I did ask the client about it and they sent me a copy of the TM which I added to my project locally, that seems to work now.

I still don't know why I could not view the match results in the TM Look up window with using simply the TM Server - it's as if WF thought there was no TM.. at least I can complete this project now!

Hi Cecilia,

Do you have Automatic Leverage checkbox checked under TM Lookup tab More Options button?

Thank you,

John

Cecilia Divett
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Automati Leverage is checked Nov 17, 2016

John Daniel wrote:

Hi Cecilia,

Do you have Automatic Leverage checkbox checked under TM Lookup tab More Options button?

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
Yes that option was already checked..
Thank you
Cecilia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFPro4 Unable to see matches in TM Look up window

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »