Thread poster: Tatiana Ramputh

Tatiana Ramputh  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:14
French to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

I finished translating a file that I received as a word document, uploaded file in Wordfast 4.
Now that I have finished translation, I was doing clean up file like as usually do but file isn't cleaning up. Nothing happens.
When I tried to open my project again (showing 100%), it is giving me this message
"Error occurred while reading file: cannot write into temporary file, not creator. You have another instance of xliff document on this file, the first instance is creator"

HELP PLEASE!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I HAVE RESTARTED WORDFAST. I AM STILL GETTING THE SAME ERROR.
I CAN'T EVEN OPEN THE PROJECT ANYMORE.

Direct link Reply with quote

John Daniel
Local time: 09:14
Create New project Dec 15, 2016

Hi Tatiana,

Can you create new project and add your local TMs used in previous project. Then open the source file and translate from TM, once this is done try save translating again.

What is your version of WFP 4?

Thank you,

John

Tatiana Ramputh wrote:

Hi,

I finished translating a file that I received as a word document, uploaded file in Wordfast 4.
Now that I have finished translation, I was doing clean up file like as usually do but file isn't cleaning up. Nothing happens.
When I tried to open my project again (showing 100%), it is giving me this message
"Error occurred while reading file: cannot write into temporary file, not creator. You have another instance of xliff document on this file, the first instance is creator"

HELP PLEASE!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I HAVE RESTARTED WORDFAST. I AM STILL GETTING THE SAME ERROR.
I CAN'T EVEN OPEN THE PROJECT ANYMORE.

Tatiana Ramputh  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:14
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
VERSION 4.9.5 Dec 15, 2016

Hi Tatiana,

Can you create new project and add your local TMs used in previous project. Then open the source file and translate from TM, once this is done try save translating again.

What is your version of WFP 4?

Thank you,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot clean up file after file translated

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search