Thread poster: ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
United States
Local time: 00:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2017

Hi, at my job we use WordFast Pro 3 and I am trying to figure out how to export the TM, which is a remote one (i.e., connected to a server). The "Export" button is gray, which does not allow me to export. Our IT person is not sure why it is gray.

Perhaps it has to do with having permission to access/edit the remote TM?

I would much appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks!

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:44
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Permissions matter Mar 21, 2017

It's not possible to export a remote TM from WordFast Pro 3 without relevant permissions. You can only search a TM but not edit, nor export it.
The only way you can get hold of a remote TM is to ask the admin having the permissions to export the TM for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export a remote TM

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »