Fragment assembly and subsegments in otehr CATs
Thread poster: Lucia Messuti

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:10
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 9, 2017

Hello,

I've seen other CATs working with fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs used in a project.
Do you have any idea this will also be implemented in the new releases of Wordfast 5? This seems to be a useful function.


 

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:10
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Helpful function Jun 9, 2017

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hello,

I've seen other CATs working with fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs used in a project.
Do you have any idea this will also be implemented in the new releases of Wordfast 5? This seems to be a useful function.


Such suggestion enhances how to use CAT tools among translators. I also expect this function. By the way, I cannot see this function in other CATs.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro Ph.D.
Bangkok


 

Meta Arkadia
Local time: 02:10
English to Indonesian
+ ...
What you can't see, cannot possibly exist Jun 9, 2017

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:
By the way, I cannot see this function in other CATs.


The gif below shows you - in a rather primitive way - that "fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs" is possible. I only used one TM, and not a very suitable one for your text at that. You can probably imagine that using better TMs, plus termbases, plus "repair" using MTs (not my workflow, though) can lead to a pretty good assembled translation.

Soonthon.gif


Cheers,

Hans


 

Wojciech_
Poland
Local time: 21:10
English to Polish
+ ...
There are quite a few Jun 9, 2017

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hello,

I've seen other CATs working with fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs used in a project.
Do you have any idea this will also be implemented in the new releases of Wordfast 5? This seems to be a useful function.


Such suggestion enhances how to use CAT tools among translators. I also expect this function. By the way, I cannot see this function in other CATs.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro Ph.D.
Bangkok


Studio 2017 - Fragment Matches (active) + Autosuggest dictionaries (passive)
Cafetran - don't know the name
Deja Vu X3 - Deepminer
MemoQ - LSC

BTW, I think Wordfast should work on their Autosuggest feature in WF Professional. From what I've seen it's light years behind the competition, and even behind its Wordfast Classic incarnation (which up to 6.04k used to have an excellent Autosuggest solution).

[Edited at 2017-06-09 13:19 GMT]


 

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:10
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autosuggest feature Jun 27, 2017

The autosuggest feature would be an interesting function but it only provides suggestions from the glossary and not from the TM.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fragment assembly and subsegments in otehr CATs

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search