It is possible to upload an existing translation into Wordfast PRO?
Thread poster: Laura Ventruto

Laura Ventruto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:59
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 19, 2017

I have a translation that I completed some time ago without using a CAT tool. Now, I was asked to review it and make the necessary changes since the source text has been modified. I uploaded the new source file in Wordfast as a new project and I was wondering if I could import the translation I have and cross check it against the new source file. All files are in Word. Thanks.

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
Alignment first Sep 19, 2017

Align your translation with the original source text and upload to your WF TM. Work as a new project with your new source text. Matched segments will show up. Update where required.

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:59
English to French
+ ...
If not alignment Sep 19, 2017

Quoi is right, alignment is the proper procedure. However, in my experience, it may be faster and less headache to simply launch a new translation session with the new file, and copy/paste from Word each previously-translated segment and edit as needed, which avoids the alignment step, which is rarely straightforward.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

It is possible to upload an existing translation into Wordfast PRO?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search