WF Pro 5: Can't open glossary (Connection is unsuccessful)
Thread poster: Elisabeth Maurland

Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 15:28
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Jan 5

I am simply trying to use a glossary from a previous job in a new job, but I can't import it, because all I get is: Connection is unsuccessful.
When I open the previous job and try to open the glossary there, I get the same message. It has worked fine before, and the language codes in the two jobs are the same, and I assume the glossary is too, since it was created in the first job. (Not sure how I can see the language codes of the glossary when I can't open it, though.)

I can't find this error message in the help page, and I can't find it when I google. What am I missing?

WF Pro 5.1.1
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

Oh, and now I opened the new project file again, and I got this error message: "Errors have occurred while opening the TXLF file. Cannot load the collection exception." This is meaningless to me, but is it related?

[Edited at 2018-01-05 01:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-01-05 01:26 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Post removed by the poster.

Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 15:28
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But it's not a remote glossary Jan 5

I am just trying to open the glossary in a job that I finished a while ago (and also use that glossary in the new job). Wouldn't that be a local glossary? I don't have any URL addresses or any other addresses that I know of.

Dylan Jan Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Please disregard then Jan 5

Sorry, I thought you were connecting to a remote glossary!

Best of luck. Maybe try clicking help tab then feedback, and ask for support (the quickest way, from experience).

John Daniel
Local time: 14:28
Glossary corrupted Jan 5

Hi Elisabeth,

There are several reasons why a glossary sends that message. One of the reason I have seen is using the glossary in Cloud drives like Google, Dropbox corrupts the index and creates connection issues.

Can you email full.log file from {user.home}\.gs4tr.editor\full.log, you may need to enable show hidden files/folders to see .gs4tr.editor folder. My email is jsingaram@wordfast.com

Thank you,

John

DJHartmann wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were connecting to a remote glossary!

Best of luck. Maybe try clicking help tab then feedback, and ask for support (the quickest way, from experience).

Ana Maria Edlin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:28
German to English
+ ...
Can't open old or create new LOCAL glossaries in Wordfast 5 Jan 13

Hi Elisabeth,

I also work with High Sierra and am finding the Wordfast 5 experience profoundly frustrating. After years of working happily with Wordfast 3, I was asked by a client to use Wordfast 5 for a specific project. I don't know how many times I have followed the instructions in the Wordfast Wiki to migrate my local TM and glossary, it just won't work. I have updated to the newest versions of both programmes. I get the same error messages. I have registered for Wordfast's Wordfast 5 course, not only to learn how to make the most of the new features, but also in the hope of finding some solution.

As far as I'm concerned, there must be a bug in Wordfast 5. I just hope it gets sorted out soon.

Wordfast Pro 5.3.0
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

Please post if you find a solution.

Regards

Ana

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro 5: Can't open glossary (Connection is unsuccessful)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search