Wordfast Pro 5 Clean up unsuccessful
Thread poster: Dania Daniel

Dania Daniel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 17

Hi all,

I am having difficulty creating the final translated file of an idml file using clean up. I have done a Transcheck and have found no tag errors. I think it could possibly be to do with the fact that the translation TXLF Editor progress bar is showing 99%(17 words left). I have gone through the whole file in the Editor. There are no empty segments and have verified all the exact matches that were showing green. Now they are showing purple but the progress bar still does not move to 100%. Can anyone help me out with this? Is this the reason why I can't clean up the file and if so how can I fix this?

I am using WFP 5.1.1 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Thank you so much for your help.


 

Curado
Brazil
Local time: 10:54
Member (Jan 2018)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Maybe it will help you. Jan 17

Hi Dania,

In the past I experienced something similar. It was resolved in the following way:
-I saved the project;
-I closed the WordFast
-I rebooted the computer;
-I opened the WordFast;
-I opened the project;
When I gave out, everything worked perfectly.

It sounded like some sort of memory allocation error or something about file interaction.

I hope it helps you.

Cordially,

Curado


 

Dania Daniel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
reboot didn't work Jan 17

Thank you Curado, I have just done this but it hasn't worked in my case though unfortunately.

Dania


 

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:54
Member (2006)
French to English
Progress bar is not the problem Jan 17

The progress bar does not increase if you commit an unedited fuzzy or unedited machine translation segment. It happens quite frequently that you don't have to edit a fuzzy match (e.g. a formatting difference). Currently, if you want it to progress, you can either add a space, remove it, then commit or use the "Verify Segment" icon (shortcut) or click on the green arrow in the far right column before committing.
This is confusing many users and I believe it will be changed in the next version.
So don't be confused by an incomplete progress bar.
I would contact tech support to see what the issue is. 9/10 times it is a tag but could be something special about the IDML file that corrupts the reconversion back.
Kind regards,
John


 

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:54
English to French
+ ...
Good to know Jan 17

John:

Is this mentioned in the documentation/Help???

I, too, have encountered that issue before, and your answer is the first explanation that I see.

John Di Rico wrote:

The progress bar does not increase if you commit an unedited fuzzy or unedited machine translation segment. It happens quite frequently that you don't have to edit a fuzzy match (e.g. a formatting difference). Currently, if you want it to progress, you can either add a space, remove it, then commit or use the "Verify Segment" icon (shortcut) or click on the green arrow in the far right column before committing.
This is confusing many users and I believe it will be changed in the next version.
So don't be confused by an incomplete progress bar.
I would contact tech support to see what the issue is. 9/10 times it is a tag but could be something special about the IDML file that corrupts the reconversion back.
Kind regards,
John


 

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:54
Member (2006)
French to English
Mentioned in the manual Jan 17

JL01 wrote:

John:

Is this mentioned in the documentation/Help???



Yes, it is in the manual.


 

Dania Daniel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Corrupted TXLF fixed by creating a fresh project Jan 20

Thanks for your help. I contacted Wordfast tech support who helped me solve the problemicon_smile.gif Like you said John it was probably down to tags, the TXLF might have become corrupted along the way because the idml file was very long and had a lot of tags. So creating a new project helped. Here is what I did:

1. Made a copy of the original source file (identical, under different name)
2. Created a new WFP5 project, with an empty TM
3. Added file TXLF file from the previous project to the new project
4. Used Commit all to send all translations from the TXLF to the TM. Note I had the following settings in Preferences ticked:
Translation Memory

Write exact matches to TM
Write unedited MT to TM
Write unedited fuzzy to TM
Write unedited autopropagated fuzzy to TM

5. Added the copy of the original source file to the project
6. Used Translate All to translate it
7. I was able to use Save File as Translated on that file.

I still was not able to use Clean up but I have my translated file for now.

Dania


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Clean up unsuccessful

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search