Wordfast Anywhere, new multilingual U.I. Translate it and get rewards!
Thread poster: Fi2 n Co

Fi2 n Co  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:13
English to French
+ ...
Apr 10

Hello to all.

A great new feature has arrived. You can now change the User Interface language in Wordfast Anywhere. This means all dialogues and functions will be in the language of your choice.

At present the U.I. has been fully (or almost) translated in two languages: French and Spanish.
The good thing is that Wordfast has decided to open this translation work to the community (similarly at what ProZ.com does to localize the website). And it should be worth your while:

Once you reach a certain amount of translating (or reviewing) you will be rewarded either:

_ A Wordfast Studio license
_ Or a free fuzzy match registration for a Wordfast User conference.

This isn’t too bad I think.
To translate the U.I. you don’t need anything, you can do it directly online, they have created a dedicated page for this.

I just wanted to put the information out there for all that could benefit from this.

I have posted a quick tutorial on my YouTube channel to show how it works. Watch it here:
https://youtu.be/k8smvi-aPuc

My bests
😊

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:13
Member (2006)
French to English
Time limit for the conference Apr 10

Thanks for sharing Fi2!

Just a quick heads up if you are striving for a Fuzzy Match conference ticket…

The DEADLINE for this reward is May 15!

The fuzzy match ticket is now valued at €380. Check out the conference website for more details about what it includes:
http://wordfast.com/conference/2018/register_now

Hope to see you in Cascais

On your marks… get set… GO!

John

lawyer

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The UI translation's UI Apr 10

Fi2 n Co wrote:
The good thing is that Wordfast has decided to open this translation work to the community (similarly at what ProZ.com does to localize the website).

wfa ui translation

Yes... yes... oddly no option to translate WFA's UI in WFA, though. For each segment, you type the translation in the little box, and then click the "Save" or "Update" button with your mouse. And then, to move to the next or previous segment, you... just... click in the next or previous box.

Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Faster than it looks! Apr 10

Samuel Murray wrote: And then, to move to the next or previous segment, you... just... click in the next or previous box.

Hello Samuel,

Have you tried it? It looks like the screenshot is from the video. In the video I used the mouse because it is a good tool for viewers to follow what is being explained.

However, I’ve used the system for translating and reviewing and it is super fast:
You can navigate with the Tab key:

1/Click in the first Box and type your translation
2/Press Tab, that will take you to the Save/Update button. Press enter to save/Update
3/Press Tab again and it will take you immediately to the box below.

Super fast, no tag hassle. It doesn’t feel bad at all to use it for translating, and the learning curve with the Tab key is super fast. Not to mention not having to wait for a heavy software to boot and fill up the RAM… 😉 I liked it anyway.

My bests 😊

Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
See you there! Apr 11

John Di Rico wrote: The DEADLINE for this reward is May 15!

Thanks for bringing that up!
I don’t think there’s a deadline on the Wordfast Studio reward though.

For those interested in the conference, there will be plenty to learn about Wordfast Pro, Wordfast Anywhere and handling various file types. And believe me, Portuguese food is tasty 😉! And I’ll be able to see you there.

My bests.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere, new multilingual U.I. Translate it and get rewards!

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search