International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3
Thread poster: Clara Nino

Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 09:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 22

Hi, I am working on Wordfast Pro 3, and I need to expand a segment to fit the translated text. I know there is a button to expand segment, but when I tried to use, the system popped a message stating the segments do not belong to the same paragraph. Help!!

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:10
Member (2006)
French to English
Expand segments beyond paragraph Jun 24

Hello Clara,

There is an option in the preferences to allow segment expansion beyond an end-of-paragraph marker. It is called "Merge across paragraphs" and you'll find it under "Translations": https://www.screencast.com/t/AVa6kfIOFEX

Kind regards,
John

Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 09:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3 Jun 24

Thank, John, I edited the source to make the segment longer, and then erase the added text. It worked, but from now on, I will use your option, far easier then my solution!

Thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search