Wordfast Pro 5 - cannot load TM "collection exception"
Thread poster: eccotraduttrice

eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 05:23
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2019

I can load a local TM into my project and it works great - the first time. When I close the program and re-open it, it says it cannot load my TM due to a collection exception. I can re-load the backup copy of my TM and it works, but the next time I close and re-open the program again, I get the same error message again. How can I fix this?

Barbara Pani
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Cannot load collection exception keeps happening Jul 4, 2019

I have had the same issue on many occasions. I really need this to get fixed as I am wasting a lot of time and effort.
So far all I can do is Import an existing TM (losing the latest translations done).

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:23
English to Czech
TM file(s) inaccessible Jul 4, 2019

The cryptic error message means WFP5 cannot access the TM file(s). Have you renamed, moved, or deleted any of the TM file(s) or the folder in which they are stored? If so, this would explain why the TM became inaccessible to the software.

If you haven't touched the files, are they perhaps stored in a folder synced to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive etc.)? If so, the syncing process can make the files unavailable to WFP5. Even worse, when the automatic syncing process is working wit
... See more
The cryptic error message means WFP5 cannot access the TM file(s). Have you renamed, moved, or deleted any of the TM file(s) or the folder in which they are stored? If so, this would explain why the TM became inaccessible to the software.

If you haven't touched the files, are they perhaps stored in a folder synced to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive etc.)? If so, the syncing process can make the files unavailable to WFP5. Even worse, when the automatic syncing process is working with the files while WFP5 accesses them, the files may get corrupted. So keeping WFP5 TMs in cloud folders is strongly discouraged. If you still want to keep them in a cloud folder, make sure you always pause the syncing process while you work in WFP5 (but not all cloud services let you pause the syncing process, I believe).

[Edited at 2019-07-04 11:04 GMT]
Collapse

Barbara Pani

Barbara Pani
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Cannot load collection exception keeps happening Jul 16, 2019

Thank you David, it was indeed both of your suggestions: OneDrive and TM renamed and/or in different path (all subsequent to the cloud interferring).
I have now uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop.

Virginia Rubio  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:23
Member (2014)
French to Spanish
+ ...
So... Feb 28

Does it mean I lost my 11000-word job due today?

[Edited at 2020-02-28 18:54 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 - cannot load TM "collection exception"

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search