Something that looks like a TM in excel format-How to use it with Wordfast 5.0?
Thread poster: xxxMomoka

xxxMomoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:57
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 19, 2005

Dear all,

I've been asked to work on a very short document as a test for an agency that uses TRADOS and has also sent an excel file that looks like what would be a TM; terms in the source language in the first column, followed by target terms in different languages in subsequent columns. Is there any way I could use this file just like that as a TM in Wordfast? Or is it just a reference document for me to create my own TM? By the way, this agency knows I use Wordfast. Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Antje Harder  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:57
Swedish to German
+ ...
Terms or segments? Jun 19, 2005

Your description of the excel file ("terms in different languages in sugsequent columns") sounds more like a glossary than a TM to me.

I'd try exporting the relevant columns into a txt-file (separated by tabs). Then you could import the resulting file as your active glossary in Wordfast, using term recognition.

Regards from Sweden
Antje

xxxMomoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:57
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, segments. Jun 19, 2005

Thanks, Antje, and sorry for the mistake; it is "segments" what I have in the file. I'll give it a try using them to create a new TM, then. Guess that's what they're sending them for.
Best regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Something that looks like a TM in excel format-How to use it with Wordfast 5.0?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search