John Di Rico wrote:
Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
actually, I cannot talk about crashes as the program simply does not start, I have to call it again and again and right now I tried opening WFP5 8 times and it still does not start.
Yes, support sent me a message with a turnaround tweaking the config.ini which opens the program alright but leaves me with a crippled Wordfast as drag and drop does not work correctly and copy and paste double pastes clipboard, so...
I keep trying starting Wordfast, but so far no joy.
Hi Wolfgang, I tried to send this to you by email but the message came back as undelivered.
Mac beta fixes crashing issues (5.11)
This build fixes two Mac crashing issues:
- Crash on app launch and close
- Crash when a file browser window is open in the app (when adding a file or TM for example) and you switch focus to another app
After installing this build, follow these instructions:
1. Start at least once WF after installing, then close
2. Go to /Applications/Wordfast Pro.app/Contents/Java/configuration
3. Edit the file config.ini
4. Append the following lines at the end of the file:
5. Save and close the config.ini file
6. Start the app
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
I have posted about this before, but was unhappy with two bugs (namely double pasting clipboard content, but also no file drag and drop). The double-pasting issue is resolved; however, you still can’t drag and drop files.
So feel free to install this version if the solving the crashing issue is more important than file drag and drop functionality. Download here:
Finally, with 5.11, you’ll get to test the new UI with side navigation bar.