Creating TM in Wordfast from a series of existing documents
Thread poster: IWagner
IWagner
IWagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:25
English to French
Jun 22, 2005

I'm 100% new to Wordfast. I have started reading the manual but before going on I'ld like to know the following: Is it possible to create a TM from existing translated documents?

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 16:25
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Yes Jun 22, 2005

Hi

Yes, it is. You need to use the Align feature in PlusTools. There is a separate manual for PlusTools.

Good luck!
Dan

IWagner wrote:

I'm 100% new to Wordfast. I have started reading the manual but before going on I'ld like to know the following: Is it possible to create a TM from existing translated documents?

IWagner
IWagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:25
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dan! Jun 22, 2005

I do appreciate your help. I'll do that. The problem is that there's so many manuals to read and so little time to read it!!

Dan Marasescu wrote:

Hi

Yes, it is. You need to use the Align feature in PlusTools. There is a separate manual for PlusTools.

Good luck!
Dan

IWagner wrote:

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
It's called *alignment* Jun 23, 2005

IWagner wrote:
Is it possible to create a TM from existing translated documents?

Yes, but it can be a long process, because only part of it can be automated. Remember, when WF aligns two documents, you still have to check it manually for misalignments. For this reason I wouldn't suggest aligning documents with text you are unlikely to use again.

Alignment is done using WF and PlusTools. It takes a bit of practice, but once you got it, it's not so difficult.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating TM in Wordfast from a series of existing documents

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »