Thread poster: Wolfgang Schoene

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:30
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27

Hi
is anybody aware of a feature in WFP5 allowing to edit source (= perform S&R) for ALL source segments?
I know I can activate editing for one segment but that's of no use for me.
Why? Because I often get source texts in FR with figures having dots (.) instead of commas and WF (and other CATs) does not convert those figures correctly, and I'm speaking of a lot of figures. So being able to S&R dots with commas before starting the translation would be quite a time saver.

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
An Alternative? Feb 27

Couldn't you do the subsitution in the source document, before opening it in Wordfast? Or in the translated document? I must admit that I do miss that Pandora's Box feature of Wordfast Classic.

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WFP5-Edit source Feb 27

B D Finch wrote:

Couldn't you do the subsitution in the source document, before opening it in Wordfast? Or in the translated document? I must admit that I do miss that Pandora's Box feature of Wordfast Classic.

Of course, that's what I did so far, but the feature would come in handy. Other tools can do it, so...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP5-Edit source

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search