Wordfast Classic custom MT 319 error when trying to run it
Thread poster: Wojciech Brożek
Mar 17, 2020

Hey,
I'm trying to integrate a custom MT for my Wordfast Classic. The example provided by the docs is not working though, when I try to run it by clicking "Test":

[name=1-CU:wojtek]url=http://www.worldlingo.com/S000.1/api?wl_data=Hello%20world&wl_srclang=en&wl_trglang=fr&wl_password=secret

I get error message saying "319" and nothing else. Is there a way to fix this? I would really like to use a simple translation tool my son wrote for me. Thanks

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
Wordfast Classic custom MT 319 error when trying to run it Mar 18, 2020

This is the first time I hear about this error, I hope someone expert can answer this.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Which version of WFC? Mar 18, 2020

Wojciech Brożek wrote:
I'm trying to integrate a custom MT for my Wordfast Classic.

Which version of WFC and which version of Word are you using?

Wojciech Brożek
Wojciech Brożek
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
version Mar 18, 2020

Hey guys, thanks for replying. this is latest office 365 + latest wordfast classic (8 is it?) + windows 10 with all updates so pretty standard I guess

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Wojciech Mar 18, 2020

Wojciech Brożek wrote:
The example provided by the docs is not working though, when I try to run it by clicking "Test":
[name=1-CU:wojtek]url=http://www.worldlingo.com/S000.1/api?wl_data=Hello%20world&wl_srclang=en&wl_trglang=fr&wl_password=secret

1. Tell us: what happens when you click this link or paste this link in your browser's address field?
http://www.worldlingo.com/S000.1/api?wl_data=Hello%20world&wl_srclang=en&wl_trglang=fr&wl_password=secret

2. Secondly, the string to use in WFC itself is not the same as the string that is used in the browser's address field. The string above is simply meant for testing the engine in a browser.

I don't have WFC8 myself, but the user manual says:
wfc mt setup
Is that what you've done?

I would assume that you can also use this string:
url=http://www.worldlingo.com/S000.1/api?wl_data={ss}&wl_srclang=en&wl_trglang=fr&wl_password=secret{jsonkey=}
...if you want to force the MT engine to always assume the source language is English and the target language is French, regardless of the project's actual settings.

3. Where does the "[name=1-CU:wojtek]" come from? Sorry, I don't use this feature myself, so that's why I'm asking.

[Edited at 2020-03-18 10:46 GMT]

Wojciech Brożek
Wojciech Brożek
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
link Mar 18, 2020

yeah so the link works fine, (0 "Mundo") is being displayed.

the ""[name=1-CU:wojtek]"" part is automatically appended when I click on anything so I assume it's something that the macro expects. Even if I hardcode everything it still fails with "319" error, I assume it's something deeper than just an invalid URL schema. Maybe a developer could have a look.
best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic custom MT 319 error when trying to run it

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »