Wordfast recognizes non-glossary word and gives false translation
Thread poster: sorchio
sorchio
sorchio
Germany
Local time: 18:38
English to German
Aug 11, 2005

I just had a porblem with Wordfast which on occasion happened before (no pattern as far as I know):

In a sentence to be translated there is a word marked blue (which, as you know, indicates that it is in the glossary/ies selected) - in my case "completely". I pressed ctrl + alt + down to insert the respective translation from the glossary. The word inserted was "Beschwerde" which is wrong and upon further investigation I realized that the word *completey* isn't in any of my selected
... See more
I just had a porblem with Wordfast which on occasion happened before (no pattern as far as I know):

In a sentence to be translated there is a word marked blue (which, as you know, indicates that it is in the glossary/ies selected) - in my case "completely". I pressed ctrl + alt + down to insert the respective translation from the glossary. The word inserted was "Beschwerde" which is wrong and upon further investigation I realized that the word *completey* isn't in any of my selected glossaries at all.

I have no idea how it got to this point or how to correct it. Have I accidentally changed a setting? Has anybody had any similar experience?

Greetings,
Rebecca
Collapse

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Do you have "Beschwerde" in a glossary? Aug 11, 2005

If so, what is its source term?
(Also, what version of Wordfast are you using?)

remyrosf
remyrosf
English to French
Fuzzy terminology recognition Aug 11, 2005

Hi,

Hi,

You probably have to untick the option "Use Fuzzy terminology recognition". It enables the recognition of words that are close in spelling (complete/completely). It is useful for plurals ("device" / "devices").

In Wf 4.4 = Quality Check > Glossaries > an then untick the option.

HTH

Best regards

Rémy

sorchio wrote:

In a sentence to be translated there is a word marked blue (which, as you know, indicates that it is in the glossary/ies selected) - in my case "completely". I pressed ctrl + alt + down to insert the respective translation from the glossary. The word inserted was "Beschwerde" which is wrong and upon further investigation I realized that the word *completey* isn't in any of my selected glossaries at all.

I have no idea how it got to this point or how to correct it. Have I accidentally changed a setting? Has anybody had any similar experience?

Greetings,
Rebecca

sorchio
sorchio
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 12, 2005

I have "Beschwerde" and "complaint" in my glossary, so that's where it came from.

Thank you for pointing out the fuzzy term recognition. I unticked the box for now and that solved it.

Thank you for your help

Greetings,
Rebecca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast recognizes non-glossary word and gives false translation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »