Christoph De Smet
Christoph De Smet
Belgium
Local time: 08:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 8, 2005

Hello,

I recently helped out a friend in his business, while he was abroad and so I worked on his laptop. I installed the Wordfast 5.15l1 shareware for PC version and worked with it all right for a couple of days. Now, it turns out that all his company backgrounds in his MS Word files (company vouchers and pricelists etc.) either no longer show the text (tho' it gets printed indeed and they do show as 'printing example') OR they show the text and no longer the company backgrounds, h
... See more
Hello,

I recently helped out a friend in his business, while he was abroad and so I worked on his laptop. I installed the Wordfast 5.15l1 shareware for PC version and worked with it all right for a couple of days. Now, it turns out that all his company backgrounds in his MS Word files (company vouchers and pricelists etc.) either no longer show the text (tho' it gets printed indeed and they do show as 'printing example') OR they show the text and no longer the company backgrounds, headers and footers. Please advice. We are trying to uninstall Wordfast now and set all altered settings back and then maybe back to a 'former secure setting'. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks.

C & C
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
nothing terrible Nov 8, 2005

Hi Christoph,

Don't panic! Have a look at this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/38256

Cheers,
Grace.

Christoph De Smet
Christoph De Smet
Belgium
Local time: 08:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Even after uninstalling Wordfast tho'! Nov 8, 2005

Hi Graciela,

Thanks for your swift reply! I kinda forgot to mention that it's MS Word XP Professional we are talking about and that I first indeed tried to uninstall Wordfast. I had also read the entry you mentioned, yes. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Cheers,

C & C

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Background problem in MS Word after installation Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »