https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/43691-can%C2%B4t_install_rainbow_4_to_run_with_wordfast.html

Can´t install Rainbow 4 to run with Wordfast
Thread poster: Anders Olsson (X)
Anders Olsson (X)
Anders Olsson (X)
Local time: 16:23
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

Tried to install Rainbow 4 in order to extract text from html files and insert it into Word/Wordfast for translation. However at installation installation I just get the error message that I need to install .NET version 1.1.xxxx. I have already installed .NET version 2.0 which should be ok.
Have anyone experienced the same problem, or does anyone knows any program that can be used in the same way as Rainbow when translating web-pages in Wordfast? Any help appreciated!

/Ander
... See more
Tried to install Rainbow 4 in order to extract text from html files and insert it into Word/Wordfast for translation. However at installation installation I just get the error message that I need to install .NET version 1.1.xxxx. I have already installed .NET version 2.0 which should be ok.
Have anyone experienced the same problem, or does anyone knows any program that can be used in the same way as Rainbow when translating web-pages in Wordfast? Any help appreciated!

/Anders
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
PlusTools Mar 13, 2006

You could tag the HTML files with PlusTools. Go to http://www.wordfast.net/ to download it. Another solution would be to download Rainbow 3, which doesn't use .NET and works fine for HTML.

Regards,
Gerard

Anders Olsson (X)
Anders Olsson (X)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Gerard! Mar 13, 2006

It got me a lot closer to solving my problem! I have now installed Rainbow 3 which seems to run fine and to be rather user-friendly. Didn´t think of the obvious solution to try the previous version...
I experienced some problems while preparing a file for translation, but I guess I´ve just made some mistake somewhere along the way:
"The file is in a format not supported for preparation. It will be simply copied in the translation package for reference."

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can´t install Rainbow 4 to run with Wordfast

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »