Plus Tools:Alignment functions dialog box(Alt+F)
Thread poster: adamadamiec
adamadamiec
adamadamiec
Local time: 20:40
Polish to German
+ ...
Apr 18, 2006

I'm just reading Plus Tools manual and try to put it into practice. I want to create from 2 Documents(Trget and Source) an TM. Generally I understand defined Workflow. They say:use Alt+F to open "Alignment functions dialog box", if you want successfully manage two columns, split or marge cells to create an TM. If I press ALt+F, WORD opens 'Format' from 'menu bar'. The right ALt+F activate WordfastDictionary2. How to activate this Alignment Functions Dialog Box.

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Click on toolbar Apr 18, 2006

Is your PlusTools toolbar icon visible? (you need to activate the PlusTools template in Tools/Templates and Add-ins and then make the toolbar visible). Then, you can click on it and select the Align tab. When doing this, only two Word documents (source and target) must be open.

HTH,
Dan

[Edited at 2006-04-18 13:59]

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
You can see ready presentation Apr 18, 2006

Look here:

http://www.condak.net/lekce/align/en/00.html

and happy alignment,
Milan

adamadamiec
adamadamiec
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alignment Apr 18, 2006

Hello
It's me again
I'm sorry to tell you, but this button combination ALT+F and ALT+A, don't work corectly even if I see PlusTools menu. I thought it may be caused by the fact, that these buttons are busy. I tried to change it in WORD2003, but i can't change shortcuts of "main menu bar" (File,Edit and etc.) Nevertheless i appreciate Your help especially Milan for this smart and detailed alignment explanation.

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
I confirm that ALT+A do not works for me, too Apr 18, 2006

adamadamiec wrote:

Hello
It's me again
I'm sorry to tell you, but this button combination ALT+F and ALT+A, don't work corectly even if I see PlusTools menu. I thought it may be caused by the fact, that these buttons are busy. I tried to change it in WORD2003, but i can't change shortcuts of "main menu bar" (File,Edit and etc.) Nevertheless i appreciate Your help especially Milan for this smart and detailed alignment explanation.

Hello Adam,

I never use either ALT+F, either ALT+A (this is a new feature). After clicking on button: View = nothing happen (now), after clicking on Abbr I receive an error security message.
Do you have list of abbreviations a do you know workflow process for Abbr feature? It was discussed on Yahoo WF Groups.

All other buttons and shortcuts are working fine (+Tools 4.16 e, Win XP + Word 2003).

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus Tools:Alignment functions dialog box(Alt+F)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »