Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:17
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

I use wordfast but am still a novice.
I have started translating a document from French into UK English only to realize about half way through that US English is required. What is the best fix for this? I am thinking of just carrying on and then doing a US spell check once I have finished and cleaned up the document.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Finish, then change Apr 26, 2006

Hi,

I suggest you finish your translation first. Then open the TM file with Excel (you may have to rename it to .csv before opening it), use tab as delimiter and change the complete column from EN-UK to EN-US.

HTH.

Sonja

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Stop and edit your TM Apr 26, 2006

Mark Nathan wrote:
I have started translating a document from French into UK English only to realize about half way through that US English is required. What is the best fix for this?

You don't say how big your document is. Well, if it were me, I would stop the translation, then open the TM itself in MS Word, then replace all instances of EN-UK to EN-US, then save the TM, then start translating again. Personally I would start the document from scratch using the existing TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change language of a TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search