Thread poster: Edward Potter

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:42
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 21, 2006

I am trying paste whole paragraphs into my targe segments using WordFast but the gray background color is lost when I do the pasting.

Is this a problem? I am concerned about whether it might corrupt the WordFast formatting codes. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Valentin Alupoaie  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 22:42
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mind the cursor Jun 21, 2006

Hi, Edward !

Perhaps you are pasting over the cariage return code in the target segment. I remember experiencing something similar: I accidentally selected the invisible 'Enter' sign before pasting and the grey background disappeared. Anyway, it must have something to do with the Enters in your paragraphs... I don't know if this corrupts anything, I didn't want to find out.

HTH

[Editat la 2006-06-21 23:10]

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
workaround Jun 22, 2006

I run into this all the time. Just mark the paragraph up to the period. Paste. Add period.
Voila!

Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:42
German to English
Workaround 2 Jun 22, 2006

Type some character in the target field (e.g. first character of your paste text) then copy/paste the rest of the text. Similar workaround to Sylvie's but from a different angle.
BTW I have found that in most situations, losing the background highlight does not cause a problem later with either Alt-Down or clean-up provided the pasting op does not interfere with the segment codes
Good luck
DB

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It turned out not to be a problem Jun 22, 2006

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Yes, the background color changes when pasting but everything is pasted within the proper markers. When I exit the segment and come back, everything looks fine.

On some segments it looks like I have to leave either the first or last character in as I past and then delete it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pasting large amounts of text into WordFast target fields

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search