TM not recognised
Thread poster: Clinton Muoto
Clinton Muoto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:29
Member (2009)
Polish to English
Jul 15, 2006

When I try to select a TM which I have used successfuly for many other translations, I get a message"This is not a valid Wordfast TM" - whereas it is a TM created, and several times used in Wordfast. I have opened the TM in Notepad, and all the entries seem OK. What could suddenly break a working TM, that it refuses to be selected for loading?

wf 5.25b
Office 2003
Windows XP pro
PL-EN

Ceecee

Direct link Reply with quote

Emilija Ivanovska  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:29
Member (2005)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Open the existing TM and save it under a different name Jul 15, 2006

This worked for me several times. Of course I have no idea what the problem was, but it might work for you also. I hope it does.

Greetings from sunny Florida,

Emilija

Clinton Muoto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:29
Member (2009)
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
TM not recognised Jul 15, 2006

I have tried this, but it still does not seem to work. I stll get the message "xxxx is not a Wordfast TM"
Ceecee

Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:29
English to Polish
+ ...
Same problem here Jul 17, 2007

Hi, I also have the same problem. Odd because I've been getting converted txt TM's from the same client for over a year now and my Wf always read them.

Any ideas how this might get solved? It is a .txt format as usual...

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:29
English to Czech
Use TMX, not Trados TXT Jul 17, 2007

Wordfast does not support Trados text export files any more. These files are proprietary and importing their contents was not reliable in all respects. Moreover, TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) is a well-established open standard for exchanging TMs between different tools.

The solution is to export the TM from Trados to TMX, rather than TXT. Wordfast will work well with the TMX file well.

Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:29
English to Polish
+ ...
Wow, this is odd... Jul 17, 2007

Does this regards only the newest Wf version? I remember struggling a couple months ago with .tmx files and not being able to read them - and now Wf 5.51t can read them and convert them into Wf TM's?

If yes, then I need to brainwash my Clients now the other way - about NOT sending me trados .txt's but trados .tmx's... right?

Thank you!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM not recognised

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search