Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 9, 2006

Hi all,

I have received a file in rich text format, and need to confirm I can translate this document as a regular Word file using Wordfast. Are there any format peculiarities I should be mindful of when working with a rich text file?

I will appreciate all input

All best,

Susana

Direct link Reply with quote

Paulo César Mendes MD, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No sweat Aug 9, 2006

I work with .rtf files in Wordfast daily, and never ever had any problems. Works the same as with MS-Word files. I am not aware of any incompatibility.

María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
English to Spanish
+ ...
One small thing... Aug 10, 2006

Hi, Susi

I have worked with quite a lot *.rtf files with Word and Wordfast (and even in TRADOS, which is crankier than Wf), and it usually goes smooth.

The only thing you should be mindful of is that, sometimes, *.rtf files can be HUGE (as in lots of MB), and this tends to slow down the performance of your PC.

Other than that, *.rtf should not give you additional headaches apart from the ones Word can give (don't mean to scare you, but you probably know it's true).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

rich text format and Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search