Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 05:28
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
Aug 19, 2006

Hi,

I've just installed the free version of Wordfast. I followed the instructions as in the manual and all went fine. I tried using it today, but I got an error message stating that:

"Wordfast is pirated or infected! Contact your hotline."

Now I closed it, and tried to went on working with a different document (without using wordfast), but I get the same delay period and notification whenever I press delete or backspace!!

I tried removing wordfast through tools>templates ... but once I check or uncheck its box, the button "remove" goes dead and I'm not allowed to press it.

I want my MS Word back again :'(

Please help!! How can I remove wordfast?? What went wrong in the first place!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Terry Richards
France
Local time: 04:28
French to English
+ ...
Covered in another thread Aug 19, 2006

See http://www.proz.com/topic/53598

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
See this posting Aug 19, 2006

http://www.proz.com/post/402618#402618

You probably saved changes to Wordfast.dot at some time during the installation.

Regards,
Gerard

Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 05:28
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked perfectly :) Aug 19, 2006

Thanks Gerard

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
"Wordfast is pirated or infected! Contact your hotline." Sep 14, 2007

Hi,

I downloaded Wordfast to my notebook (XP Home, Word 2000) but after installation it doesn't want to work. So I deleted all the files and re-installed it again but it keeps on bugging me - what shall I do next?
On Wf's website I read something about add-ins from FineReader which may cause strange problems but there is no such template in my Word.

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte

@ Gerard: I didn't change anything during installation...

[Edited at 2007-09-14 22:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Uninstall WordFast?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search