Colours gone + other troubles
Thread poster: Eva Blanar

Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 12:27
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 4, 2006

I have Wordfast 5, with Word 2003. I've been using both without problems for more than a year and now suddenly something went wrong.

First problem: there are no TU colours. I tried without the colours and it seems operational, but when I clean it up, I get the message: Runtime error: '5834', but the cleaning is okay.

Second problem: when I open a segment (without the colours, of course), the cursor appears 2 lines below the active segment.

Third problem: Alt +Insert (Alt + S) does not work, I can write into the target segment or copy& paste text from the source segment, but nothing else.

Fourth problem: the formatting collapses (this would be the least of my troubles, this is a file with a particularly tricky formatting, I've got to go over that anyway).

Fifth problem: I have tried about everything I could think of (check of Word + WF settings, Word restarted, TM reorganised) and sometimes (not always) I got the message "Source bookmark missing" when I wanted to start the translation.

What is weird is that yesterday evening I still did not have any trouble with WF (with a different file, but for the same client, same settings).

Could you give me some help?
TIA,
Eva

[Módosítva: 2006-09-04 07:57]

For all friends of WordFast (like myself):
It seems that the trouble was with the file - I copied several portions of the text into a new document and, even though WF refused to do anything with some of the paragraphs, the bulk of the text can be translated, as usual. I am saved.

[Módosítva: 2006-09-04 10:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Colours gone + other troubles

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search