Thread poster: xxxLaurent 1973
xxxLaurent 1973  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:46
English to French
+ ...
Sep 21, 2006

Hi,

Every time I do a context search, when I go back to the main document, I'm back on top of page 1. It's really annoying to have to look for the segment being translated when you deal with a very long document. I think there must be some kind of trick to solve that problem.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Laurent

Direct link Reply with quote

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
German to English
+ ...
Bumping this topic Jun 16, 2008

I would like to give this topic a bump - the original post is from 2006 and I am having this problem in 2008, so there must be a solution out there.

I am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3, Office 2003, and just upgraded to Wordfast 5.53. Although it has never happened before with previous versions of WF, I am now having the same problem as the original poster. With my 100 pp. document, it's a pain to find my place each time after WF bumps me back to the beginning.

Any ideas?

PS As usual, I already posted to the WF Yahoo! group, but I find it sometimes takes a while to get a response there.

Albert Stufkens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:46
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Cursor jumping back to beginning Jun 17, 2008

I indeed found the following trick to let the system find the place from where my cursor jumped:

Before you perform an action causing this annoying movement, type a space or a dot in the segment where you are working.
Then, when you find the cursor back at the beginning of the document, just click once or twice on the (arrow back) button on the top bar on the left.

Let me know your finding.

Good luck.

Albert

[quote]Daina Jauntirans wrote:

I would like to give this topic a bump - the original post is from 2006 and I am having this problem in 2008, so there must be a solution out there.

[Edited at 2008-06-17 09:23]

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
German to English
+ ...
Stopped by itself Jun 17, 2008

The funny thing is that yesterday this quirk stopped by itself. I'm not sure if I maybe accidentally did what you suggested without knowing it, but hopefully the problem has gone away. If it hasn't, I'll report back about your solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast skips back to the beginning

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search