How to import a WF TMX into Trados
Thread poster: ciovo

ciovo  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 23:47
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2006

Trados will not import my TM (TMX format). What can I do? I can import my TM (TMX) into Oliphant, however if I try to export it, I receive an error message. (Column TUID does not belong to table Table)
Please help...

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:47
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Check encoding Oct 3, 2006

As far as I remember, Wordfast creates TMX files in either the system encoding or in UTF-8. Trados in turn uses UTF-16 (I'm not sure with which byte order). So, check the encoding of the TMX file and change if necessary.

ciovo  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 23:47
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Oct 3, 2006

esperantisto wrote:

As far as I remember, Wordfast creates TMX files in either the system encoding or in UTF-8. Trados in turn uses UTF-16 (I'm not sure with which byte order). So, check the encoding of the TMX file and change if necessary.

I have solved my problem. The Target language code used is newer than in the Trados version. I just replaced languahe codes with "search+replace", and everything is fine now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import a WF TMX into Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search