Thread poster: valfrhg
valfrhg
valfrhg
Local time: 08:47
English to French
+ ...
Oct 17, 2006

Hi everybody,

I tried installing Wordfast in Word X and in Word 2004 on my Mac. All methods failed, so in last resort, I opened the Template/Add-in window under Tools, as instructed in the manual, and imported and selected wordfast.dot that way. It's still not working. The Wordfast icon doesn't show up in my tolbar. What can I do? Any idea?

Thanks in advance for any help

Val

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:47
English to Swedish
+ ...
Is Wordfast ... Oct 17, 2006

showing in the pop-down menu if you right-click somewhere in the tool bar? If it is, select it, and you should have the Wordfast icon.

How did you install Wordfast? You should open the file 'wordfast.dot' in your MSWord application. In the text you'll find a box with the text 'Double-click here to install Wordfast'. Do as adviced and Wordfast is installed. Do NOT change anything in the file!

Once the installation is done Word takes care of the rest.

Hope yo
... See more
showing in the pop-down menu if you right-click somewhere in the tool bar? If it is, select it, and you should have the Wordfast icon.

How did you install Wordfast? You should open the file 'wordfast.dot' in your MSWord application. In the text you'll find a box with the text 'Double-click here to install Wordfast'. Do as adviced and Wordfast is installed. Do NOT change anything in the file!

Once the installation is done Word takes care of the rest.

Hope you'll succeed in the end.
Collapse

valfrhg
valfrhg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Oct 17, 2006

Thanks! I downloaded the latest version of Worfast and it worked finally!

All the best,

Val

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
How long does it take? Jan 2, 2007

I downloaded the latest version (5.5 as of December 26).
I followed the instructions for automatic installation (adjusting the macro security and trusted publishers).
I then closed and reopened Word to open the wordfast dot file. Followed the instructions (it is now to click Alt+F2) and waited. Nothing happened.
Then I did a manual installation, copied the dot file to the Word startup folder, reopened Word and I found the Wordfast icon, and a Wordfast dropdown menu, but NO W
... See more
I downloaded the latest version (5.5 as of December 26).
I followed the instructions for automatic installation (adjusting the macro security and trusted publishers).
I then closed and reopened Word to open the wordfast dot file. Followed the instructions (it is now to click Alt+F2) and waited. Nothing happened.
Then I did a manual installation, copied the dot file to the Word startup folder, reopened Word and I found the Wordfast icon, and a Wordfast dropdown menu, but NO Wordfast toolbar.
In addition, it does not get to the screen where it is supposed to show me an install number so I can buy the license.
I decided to try the automatic installation again, and again opened the dot file and followed the instructions. The box where the font displays is blinking but nothing else happens and it has been running for quite a while. I thought the installation was very straightforward and fast.
The task manager shows the program as running.
I do not know what is going on neither what to do next, if anything.
Does anyone have any idea what may be going on?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Still cannot install Wordfast in Word X and 2004

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »