Thread poster: Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:12
German to English
Mar 28, 2007

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what I've done? Since yesterday, when I open Wordfast to translate a text in Word, I'm unable to mark words by double-clicking them, and the cursor stays on the left of the target text box and can only be moved using the arrow keys, not the mouse. I can't put the cursor in the source text box at all with the mouse, only with the arrow keys. Otherwise I'm having no problems with the mouse, and before I turn Wordfast on I can mark words by double-clicking
... See more
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what I've done? Since yesterday, when I open Wordfast to translate a text in Word, I'm unable to mark words by double-clicking them, and the cursor stays on the left of the target text box and can only be moved using the arrow keys, not the mouse. I can't put the cursor in the source text box at all with the mouse, only with the arrow keys. Otherwise I'm having no problems with the mouse, and before I turn Wordfast on I can mark words by double-clicking them just the same as usual.

I have Windows XP, Word 2003, wf 5.51b.

Thanks for any ideas.

(I also posted this on the wordfast mailing list but it seems not to have shown up yet there after 45 mins ...?)
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:12
French to English
Happens to me sometimes Mar 28, 2007

I sometimes get that happening to me.

I have recently started to notice that it mainly happens when I change the active TM - e.g. when I've been working on one project with one TM, then change to another job that needs a different one. Or maybe it's just when I start a fresh TM. As I said, I've only really just noticed that this is when it seems to be happening... (until recently, I was pretty much a one-TM-for-everything person!).. s
... See more
I sometimes get that happening to me.

I have recently started to notice that it mainly happens when I change the active TM - e.g. when I've been working on one project with one TM, then change to another job that needs a different one. Or maybe it's just when I start a fresh TM. As I said, I've only really just noticed that this is when it seems to be happening... (until recently, I was pretty much a one-TM-for-everything person!).. so I haven't nailed down the precise circumstances yet

Anyway, irrespective of when it happens, I do find that closing WF (after changing the TM), closing (and saving) the doc and then re-opening the doc gets rid of the problem.
Collapse

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still happening, but keyboard shortcuts work fine. Mar 28, 2007

Thanks, Charlie. I tried changing and reorganising the TM, and creating a new TM, but nothing helps. Now I've got my list of keyboard shortcuts in front of me, since as long as I don't open Wordfast by pressing the "f" button, and just use keyboard schortcuts, everything works the same as usual.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:12
French to English
Maybe it is the "f" button then.... Mar 28, 2007

Ah. Hadn't thought of that. I pretty much only use it to select/change TMs and glossaries, perhaps, as you say, it's just using the "f" button on the toolbar that somehow causes it....

Does closing the doc and then re-opening it (without clicking on "f" again for any reason once it is open the 2nd time) also fix the problem for you?

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
It's ABBYY Mar 28, 2007

Now I've fixed my e-mail problems I've got an answer from the wordfast mailing list, and it seems it's because I'd installed an ABBYY product with Word integration. (Well, it must have installed it itself, when I used a help page in the ABBYY product.) I changed the ABBYY installation and unticked "Word integration" and my problems magically disappeared. Maybe this will help you, too ...?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't use mouse to place cursor/mark words when Wordfast is open

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »