Thread poster: Yoanna
Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:02
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2007

I just started working on another computer during summertime and had to install Wordfast on it. I took the WF from my other computer and started to work, but the program told me my TM is too big [over 500] and I had to purchase a license. Of course I do have a license. So I entered the license number into the appropriate box but it still doesn't work. I noticed the install number next to the license number doesn't match mine, but I cannot erase it or change it. Maybe that's why it doesn't work? ... See more
I just started working on another computer during summertime and had to install Wordfast on it. I took the WF from my other computer and started to work, but the program told me my TM is too big [over 500] and I had to purchase a license. Of course I do have a license. So I entered the license number into the appropriate box but it still doesn't work. I noticed the install number next to the license number doesn't match mine, but I cannot erase it or change it. Maybe that's why it doesn't work? I also tried to 'reorganise' the TM as suggested but no luck. Do I need to uninstall WF now?Collapse

Yoanna
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think... Jul 14, 2007

I just fixed it. Correct me if I'm wrong. There was a new install number that I could not erase, that appeared on this new computer. After I applied for a new license number on the WF website, I just put in the new install number that appeared. And it seems to work. So: new computer -> automatic new install number?

In case this helps anyone...

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:02
English to Czech
Yes, that's it. Jul 14, 2007

There was a new install number that I could not erase, that appeared on this new computer.

You can never delete or edit the install number. It’s the identification of Wordfast’s installation on a particular computer.

After I applied for a new license number on the WF website, I just put in the new install number that appeared. And it seems to work.

Yes, that’s quite correct.

So: new computer -> automatic new install number?

Yes, precisely.

Yoanna
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 14, 2007

Again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New computer, WF not opening TM over 500TU's even with license #

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »