Converting Trados TMs for Wordfast 5 - best approach?
Thread poster: TTilch

TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:46
English to German
+ ...
Aug 21, 2007

Hello,

I have had some problems converting existing Trados TMs into a format Wordfast 5 likes. As far as I can see, the Trados version used for creating the TMs is version 7, and I am using Wordfast 5 with MS Office 2004 (Mac).

What works best for you, i.e. which export format do you chose? I have tried TXT and TMX (1.1), but have problems with both.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Tanja

Direct link Reply with quote

Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Local time: 19:46
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TMX or olifant Aug 21, 2007

I use both TMX 1.1/1.4, I can open them in Wordfast, WF gives an error with my version when opening a TMX-file but only after a conversion to wordfast txt is already made, which I open after that.
If that doesnt't work I use Olifant (search on Google for Enlaso tools) to convert TMX to WF.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting Trados TMs for Wordfast 5 - best approach?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search