Thread poster: sazo
sazo
sazo  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 21:25
German to Croatian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2007

When I want to make a new entry into my glossary the message run-time error 75, path/file access error occures. I looked at the microsoft support page, but since I am not a computer expert, I don't know how to solve that problem. Did anzone have the same problem? Thanks.

Albert Stufkens
Albert Stufkens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
New entry in glossary Sep 1, 2007

I find that I have to press T twice.
Thus, when adding a new term to a glossary I have to type:
Ctrl+Alt + T(two times= only the T!)

sazo
sazo  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't help Sep 1, 2007

I've tried it and it doesn't help.

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Turn off UAC Sep 2, 2007

Try turning off UAC (User Account Control) in the Windows Control Panel. This Vista feature may block Wordfast or some of its actions.

sazo
sazo  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Sep 2, 2007

Thanks a lot. You saved my day.

Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:25
English to Polish
+ ...
Different problem... Aug 16, 2009

I did not want to start a new topic since my problem refers to Windows Vista, Word 2007 and Wordfast. It seems like since about two days [no changes performed by me on the computer, no new programs installed] my Word "hangs up" whenever I try to do anything with Wordfast [opening it and clicking on "Select TM" already causes it]. I reinstalled Wordfast but no change. My Wordfast version is 5.53 and licensed [purchased].

Thank you in advance!

Jamie Lucero
Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:25
French to English
Troubleshooting section in Wordfast manual Aug 17, 2009

You might try the solutions in the "Bugs and Crashes" and "Wordfast refuses to start" sections under Troubleshooting in the manual (pp. 106–107).

AnneMarieG
AnneMarieG  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Installing Wordfast Classic on Windows Seven Feb 5, 2010

Hi,
I didn't want to create a new thread altogether.

I never worked with a TM before and, on a quiet day, wanted to give it a try... -)

I downloaded the free version n° 5 of Wordfast Classic but it would not open up. And I cannot not find the "settings/macros" etc button on Seven; the start up page has changed sind the 2003 version...

My trial is going to end abruptedly it seems...

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Have a
... See more
Hi,
I didn't want to create a new thread altogether.

I never worked with a TM before and, on a quiet day, wanted to give it a try... -)

I downloaded the free version n° 5 of Wordfast Classic but it would not open up. And I cannot not find the "settings/macros" etc button on Seven; the start up page has changed sind the 2003 version...

Have a nice weekend...

Anne-Marie
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Word version... Feb 5, 2010

amgtraduction wrote:

Have a nice weekend...

Anne-Marie

Hi Anne-Marie,
which version of MS Word do you use together with Windows 7? AFAIAK, one reason why both Wordfast and Trados offered a new version of their software (Pro for Wordfast, Studio for Trados) is that MS Word versions superior to 2007 do not come with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) - thus making macro-based applications such as the "old" (up to 2007) Trados and Wordfast Classic toolbars useless.

[Edited at 2010-02-05 13:14 GMT]

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Word 2007 Feb 5, 2010

Hi Anne-Marie

From Word 2007, click the office button, then go to "word options" button at the very bottom right corner. Click on "add-ins" (on my French version it's called compléments) and find "Word add-ins" under the drop-down menu then click "go". You should then see a check list of macros (maybe yours will be empty). From here you should "browse" to the location where you saved wordfast.dot then select it and c
... See more
Hi Anne-Marie

From Word 2007, click the office button, then go to "word options" button at the very bottom right corner. Click on "add-ins" (on my French version it's called compléments) and find "Word add-ins" under the drop-down menu then click "go". You should then see a check list of macros (maybe yours will be empty). From here you should "browse" to the location where you saved wordfast.dot then select it and check the box.

Read the instructions about the security settings (they are somewhere in the main word options menu - can't remember exactly) and then you should ready for your trial!
Collapse

AnneMarieG
AnneMarieG  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
@ Lori Feb 5, 2010

Hi Lori,
thank you very much indeed! You were a great help.

So far so good; I am still struggling to calm down the security settings; I wonder why they have to change the location of functions for every version in Word ...

By Monday I should be able to go through the first document ... ! Just kidding -)

Enjoy your weekend!

Anne-Marie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast problems with Vista and Office 2007

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »