Impossible to clean Word file. Run-time error 5825. Object has been deleted.
Thread poster: Isabel Hohneck

Isabel Hohneck
Germany
Local time: 18:56
English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2007

Has anyone ever seen this message?

Run-time error 5825. Object has been deleted.

I have translated several Word documents from the same client. They all cleaned nicely...except for the last one. I've saved the file in different formats, tried to re-translate and auto translate...nothing worked. Any ideas? The help button on the error message is active, but no information is displayed, when I click on it.

Thank you for your help!

Isabel

Direct link Reply with quote

Paula James  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
same happened to me Sep 9, 2007

The exact same thing just happened to me yesterday. I discovered that although I could't clean it using the quick-clean button, i could do it by going into Tools on the wordfast panel. I have no idea why it happened, but that seemed to work!

Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe hyperlinks are the problem?? Sep 9, 2007

I just removed a hyperlink from a section of the text and auto translated...and then cleaned the file...which worked. However, the file is loaded with hyperlinks (which are not identified by any color/underlining, etc.) and it would be overkill to disable them one by one...

Ideas anyone???

Thank you!

Isabel

amurati
English to Albanian
+ ...
I don't use Wordfast but it seems to be a bug on Wordfast Sep 9, 2007

I don't use Wordfast but it seems to be a bug on Wordfast

Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hyperlinks WERE the problem... Sep 9, 2007

Paula,

What a relief to read that you had the same problem... I thought, I was in for an all-nighter...

Removing the hyperlinks seems to solve the problem. I tried it with more text and it always worked.

I'd still be curious to know why this happened. The font was a web-font. Even after clearing all formatting, it was impossible to clean the text.

Isabel

Sabine Marianne Knorr
Germany
Member (2005)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Also happened to me.. Sep 9, 2007

...working on a text with lots of hidden hyperlinks, I mean, hyperlinks which only become visible when you pass your cursor.

I will be following this thread carefully because I spent hours cleaning the file manually segment for segment ...

Paula James  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
must be hyperlinks in some way Sep 9, 2007

Yes, there were plenty of hyperlinks in my file too, but I don't really understand, as I've translated documents with hyperlinks lots of times, and it's never happened before. As I said, I had no problem cleaning up as I did it, but would like to know what the problem was.

Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
....my guess Sep 9, 2007

The way this looks, when pasted into a proper html-file, someone created a webpage - I'm guessing - in Word. To my knowledge, that never worked properly.

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to clean Word file. Run-time error 5825. Object has been deleted.

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search