Impossible to clean Word file. Run-time error 5825. Object has been deleted.
Thread poster: Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Germany
Local time: 15:58
English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2007

Has anyone ever seen this message?

Run-time error 5825. Object has been deleted.

I have translated several Word documents from the same client. They all cleaned nicely...except for the last one. I've saved the file in different formats, tried to re-translate and auto translate...nothing worked. Any ideas? The help button on the error message is active, but no information is displayed, when I click on it.

Thank you for your help!

Isabel

Paula James
Paula James  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
same happened to me Sep 9, 2007

The exact same thing just happened to me yesterday. I discovered that although I could't clean it using the quick-clean button, i could do it by going into Tools on the wordfast panel. I have no idea why it happened, but that seemed to work!

Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe hyperlinks are the problem?? Sep 9, 2007

I just removed a hyperlink from a section of the text and auto translated...and then cleaned the file...which worked. However, the file is loaded with hyperlinks (which are not identified by any color/underlining, etc.) and it would be overkill to disable them one by one...

Ideas anyone???

Thank you!

Isabel

Ahmet Murati
Ahmet Murati  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Albanian
+ ...
I don't use Wordfast but it seems to be a bug on Wordfast Sep 9, 2007

I don't use Wordfast but it seems to be a bug on Wordfast

Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hyperlinks WERE the problem... Sep 9, 2007

Paula,

What a relief to read that you had the same problem... I thought, I was in for an all-nighter...

Removing the hyperlinks seems to solve the problem. I tried it with more text and it always worked.

I'd still be curious to know why this happened. The font was a web-font. Even after clearing all formatting, it was impossible to clean the text.

Isabel

Sabine Knorr
Sabine Knorr
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Also happened to me.. Sep 9, 2007

...working on a text with lots of hidden hyperlinks, I mean, hyperlinks which only become visible when you pass your cursor.

I will be following this thread carefully because I spent hours cleaning the file manually segment for segment ...

Paula James
Paula James  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
must be hyperlinks in some way Sep 9, 2007

Yes, there were plenty of hyperlinks in my file too, but I don't really understand, as I've translated documents with hyperlinks lots of times, and it's never happened before. As I said, I had no problem cleaning up as I did it, but would like to know what the problem was.

Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
....my guess Sep 9, 2007

The way this looks, when pasted into a proper html-file, someone created a webpage - I'm guessing - in Word. To my knowledge, that never worked properly.

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to clean Word file. Run-time error 5825. Object has been deleted.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »