PlusTools invisible on Word 2007
Thread poster: alfredn
alfredn
Local time: 16:48
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2007

Hi,
I have just migrated to Windows Vista + MS Office 2007. Installing Wordfast has run without complications. The problem popped up when I was installing Plus Tools. Plus Tools just didn't show up on the tool bar after installation. I expected it should be located on the same tool bar as the Wordfast itself. In fact I met this problem already on Windows XP and Word 2003 but then was able to overcome it by right-clicking on appropriate tool bar an selecting PlusTools from the context menu. Nothing of this kind works now.

Did anyone of you overcome this obstacle ?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Łukasz

Direct link Reply with quote

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Templates and Add-ins Sep 18, 2007

Hi,

I don't use the same version of word and windows but have you checked if it is there in templates and add-ins?

Tools>Templates and add-ins

Ritu

Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
French to English
Alt+F2 Sep 18, 2007

Hi Lukasz,

This happens to me sometimes. As Ritu said, make sure that both Wordfast and Plus Tools have been checked in "Templates and Add-Ins". When you have done that, the Wordfast icon at least should appear on the screen. If you can't see the Plus Tools icon, simply press Alt+F2. Hopefully that should work (it does for me).

Simon

alfredn
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's OK now Sep 18, 2007

Thanks a lot Supersim,
Alt+F2 did help ! Although the PlusTools icon was not on the tool bar (Worfast icon was there all the time) PlusTools dialog popped up after pressing Alt+F2 and (at least for a time beeing) is visible next to Wordfast icon.

Łukasz

Natasha Dupuy  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Thank you! Sep 18, 2007

Thanks Ritu and Simon!
I was experiencing the same problem and figured I would work out how to fix it as soon as I had more time. I didn't have to wait, however, because combining your solutions fixed it for me too.

Thanks again

Natasha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PlusTools invisible on Word 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search