https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/85519-cleaning_up_tm_with_wf_516e.html

Cleaning up TM with WF 5.16e
Thread poster: Kristian Saks
Kristian Saks
Kristian Saks
Local time: 16:29
English to Estonian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2007

I have had to merge a lot of TMs coming from a certain client into my main TM and the result is a lot of duplicated TUs and I have no idea how to remove them.

I remember earlier WF had a button for it :S

I have read the user manual and there it refers to the subject but does not give any clear indication as to how I should proceed.

I know you can just mark them manually but the TM is 24000 TUs and I think I will go blind before I finish it...
See more
I have had to merge a lot of TMs coming from a certain client into my main TM and the result is a lot of duplicated TUs and I have no idea how to remove them.

I remember earlier WF had a button for it :S

I have read the user manual and there it refers to the subject but does not give any clear indication as to how I should proceed.

I know you can just mark them manually but the TM is 24000 TUs and I think I will go blind before I finish it

If anyone has any suggestions, then they are more than welcome If you suggest using the filters then also give a short explanation as I found a post on the subject by searching this forum and there was a suggestion to use filters, but I need something more specific!

Thanks in advance,

Kristian Saks
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:29
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Mark redundant entries Oct 4, 2007

Please open the Wf manual and search for the phrase above. There is a good explanation of the process. First of all reorganise the tm.
Cheers
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning up TM with WF 5.16e

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »