Wordfast doesn't translate segments
Thread poster: Salvatore Costanzo
Salvatore Costanzo
Salvatore Costanzo
Local time: 00:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2007

hi, something strange happens when i use wordfast. It seems like the apps itself is unable to translate/recognize segments that have already been translated. just by way of examples.. if the phrase that has been translated is quite similar to the phrase that it's needed to be translated, there are no problems...

-example-

My cat is black-> Il mio gatto è nero
My cat is white-> Il mio gatto è (bianco)

but if the segments are not next to each other,
... See more
hi, something strange happens when i use wordfast. It seems like the apps itself is unable to translate/recognize segments that have already been translated. just by way of examples.. if the phrase that has been translated is quite similar to the phrase that it's needed to be translated, there are no problems...

-example-

My cat is black-> Il mio gatto è nero
My cat is white-> Il mio gatto è (bianco)

but if the segments are not next to each other, even if there's only a phrase between them, the match doesn't work

-example-

My cat is black -> il mio gatto è nero
Hi->ciao
My cat is white-> ???

as you can see in this way wordfast doesn't recognize the match, but now i'm wondering why this happens.

Is there anyone who can help me please?
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:46
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try reorganise the tm Oct 3, 2007

Stop translating and reorganise.
Cheers
Heinrich

Salvatore Costanzo
Salvatore Costanzo
Local time: 00:46
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I solved my problem... Oct 4, 2007

I solved my problem! To try reorganising the TM was one of the first thing i've done, anyway the problem was caused by the fact that i've wrongly saved wordfast.dot.

Thanks anyway for your help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast doesn't translate segments

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »