Wordfast crashes constantly!
Thread poster: zabrowa
zabrowa
zabrowa
Local time: 01:04
Oct 5, 2007

Well, I just got a fancy new computer with VISTA and Office2007 and while everything was going smoothly for one day, now that is not the case. As far as I know, nothing changed, but when I open my translation and press CTRL+DOWN, the computer begins to think and then after a few minutes, Office freezes and asks to shut down. Anyone out there have any solutions for me? Thanks!

zabrowa
zabrowa
TOPIC STARTER
Nevermind Oct 5, 2007

I just skipped the paragraph and moved on... strange though!

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Hyperlink? Oct 5, 2007

This is just a shot in the dark, but could that segment be a hyperlink to something that cannot be reached?

Dan

Rob Stuart (X)
Rob Stuart (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Wordfast crashed for me too. I re-dubbed it Wordslow! Oct 17, 2007

Matt, Wordfast crashed for me too - constantly. Worse than Le Concorde! I re-dubbed this loser software "Wordslow" before removing all traces of it from my PC (Pentium 4 with Windows XP Home). It will take a lot to persuade me to reinstall it. I was doing translations for an agency, and I wasted hours vainly trying to find out what was causing the problem - almost missed my deadlines. The Wordslow manual is atrociously difficult to understand for a newbie like yours truly, and I'm no dope. Merde... See more
Matt, Wordfast crashed for me too - constantly. Worse than Le Concorde! I re-dubbed this loser software "Wordslow" before removing all traces of it from my PC (Pentium 4 with Windows XP Home). It will take a lot to persuade me to reinstall it. I was doing translations for an agency, and I wasted hours vainly trying to find out what was causing the problem - almost missed my deadlines. The Wordslow manual is atrociously difficult to understand for a newbie like yours truly, and I'm no dope. Merde alors!

If you do find out what was causing the probs and have solved them, please e-mail me immédiatement: [email protected]

Mille fois merci!

Matt Coler wrote:

Well, I just got a fancy new computer with VISTA and Office2007 and while everything was going smoothly for one day, now that is not the case. As far as I know, nothing changed, but when I open my translation and press CTRL+DOWN, the computer begins to think and then after a few minutes, Office freezes and asks to shut down. Anyone out there have any solutions for me? Thanks!

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:52]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:53]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:54]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:56]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:07]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:08]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:21]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:22]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast crashes constantly!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »