WF 5.52y / openSUSE Linux 10.2 / CrossOver 6.1: cannot run
Thread poster: esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:33
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 7, 2007

I'm trying to run Wordfast in MS Word 2003 (Russian) on openSUSE 10.2 with CrossOver Linux 6.1. I've copied wordfast.dot to:
~/.cxoffice/WinXP/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/STARTUP

Before, I've set Word's security level to low (as required for installation under Windows). Now, when I start Word, I see WF's icon on a toolbar and WF's menus. However, when I try to set up WF to start translation, by clicking on the icon or choosing Wordfast -> Setup, I get an error message as follows:

Макрос не найден. Возможно, он отключен по соображениям безопасности

It means in English (not sure, if it is exactly the same in the English version):

Macro not found. It may be disabled by security reasons.

Since Word has no lower security level than the low one, I'm stuck.

I've tried to search WF's knowledge base and to use Google for the above phrases but failed to find anything relevant. Well, can there be any solution?

By the way, exactly the same problem is with PlusTools.

[Редактировалось 2007-11-07 08:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:33
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 10, 2009

Just for reference: WF Classic still does not work with MS Word 2003, but does with MS Word 2000 under Crossover Linux 8.0 / openSUSE 11.1. I haven’t tested it thoroughly (including things like PandoraBox), but at least core routines required for the very process of translation are functional.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5.52y / openSUSE Linux 10.2 / CrossOver 6.1: cannot run

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search