https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/88684-wf_552y_opensuse_linux_102_crossover_61_cannot_run.html

WF 5.52y / openSUSE Linux 10.2 / CrossOver 6.1: cannot run
Thread poster: esperantisto
esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 7, 2007

I'm trying to run Wordfast in MS Word 2003 (Russian) on openSUSE 10.2 with CrossOver Linux 6.1. I've copied wordfast.dot to:
~/.cxoffice/WinXP/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/STARTUP

Before, I've set Word's security level to low (as required for installation under Windows). Now, when I start Word, I see WF's icon on a toolbar and WF's menus. However, when I try to set up WF to start translation, by clicking on the icon or choosing Wordfast -> Setup, I get an er
... See more
I'm trying to run Wordfast in MS Word 2003 (Russian) on openSUSE 10.2 with CrossOver Linux 6.1. I've copied wordfast.dot to:
~/.cxoffice/WinXP/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/STARTUP

Before, I've set Word's security level to low (as required for installation under Windows). Now, when I start Word, I see WF's icon on a toolbar and WF's menus. However, when I try to set up WF to start translation, by clicking on the icon or choosing Wordfast -> Setup, I get an error message as follows:

Макрос не найден. Возможно, он отключен по соображениям безопасности

It means in English (not sure, if it is exactly the same in the English version):

Macro not found. It may be disabled by security reasons.

Since Word has no lower security level than the low one, I'm stuck.

I've tried to search WF's knowledge base and to use Google for the above phrases but failed to find anything relevant. Well, can there be any solution?

By the way, exactly the same problem is with PlusTools.

[Редактировалось 2007-11-07 08:17]
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Solved Nov 10, 2009

Just for reference: WF Classic still does not work with MS Word 2003, but does with MS Word 2000 under Crossover Linux 8.0 / openSUSE 11.1. I haven’t tested it thoroughly (including things like PandoraBox), but at least core routines required for the very process of translation are functional.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5.52y / openSUSE Linux 10.2 / CrossOver 6.1: cannot run

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »