Add a second language
Thread poster: zabrowa
zabrowa
zabrowa
Local time: 10:03
Nov 29, 2007

My wordfast is already programmed to translate Portuguese to English. However, I want it also to translate another language (and so use a different memory to avoid false cognates, etc). Any ideas on how this could work - or if it could work?

Thanks!

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:03
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Create a new profile Dec 10, 2007

Hello Matt,
you don't have to "programme" Wordfast to translate different languages but you can organise your TMs and glossaries so that several source and target languages don't get mixed together.

I would create a new TM and a new glossary (or several), then save this new set up : Setup > General > Save setup as...

You can also do this to separate several subjects you translate. I use a set up for technical translations German>French, another one for marketing t
... See more
Hello Matt,
you don't have to "programme" Wordfast to translate different languages but you can organise your TMs and glossaries so that several source and target languages don't get mixed together.

I would create a new TM and a new glossary (or several), then save this new set up : Setup > General > Save setup as...

You can also do this to separate several subjects you translate. I use a set up for technical translations German>French, another one for marketing translations German>French, another one for translations English>French. You can also create specific setups for specific clients and so on.

HPH

Emmanuelle
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add a second language

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »