Wordfast dissappeared from toolbar
Thread poster: tomvdk

tomvdk
Local time: 14:07
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 10, 2007

Hi everyone,

This morning, when starting up Word, I discovered that the Wordfast icons have all disappeared from my toolbar in MS Word.

I have not changed anythind in MS Word recently, my system has been stable for the last couple of years.

The only thing I can think of which may have caused this to happen, is that I recently installed Wordfast on my new laptop, for which I used the same installation number and receipt ID.

I have tried to reinstall Wordfast on my desktop, but the Wordfast icons do not appear.

For the time being, I am working on my laptop, but I definitely prefer my desktop as it is far mor user-friendly.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Toolbar Dec 10, 2007

Hi, Tom,

Maybe it's just a matter of making the toolbar visible. (Tools/Customize/Toolbars...). If you cannot see the Wf toolbar in the list, check if the macro is active (Tools/Templates and Add-ins). I'm assuming you are using a pre-2007 version of Word.

Good luck,
Dan

tomvdk
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved Dec 10, 2007

Thanks a lot Dan!

The solution was so evident I didn't see it...

Thanks again, you have saved me a lot of time (laptops aren't made for typing...)

Best regards,
Tom

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Keyboards Dec 10, 2007

I'm glad it worked, Tom.

Slightly off topic: whenever I'm forced to work on a laptop, I attach an external keyboard to it (and a second monitoricon_smile.gif)

tomvdk
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
x Dec 10, 2007

Right, but then it is not really a laptop anymore, is it...

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast dissappeared from toolbar

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search