Thread poster: Transilvania
Transilvania
Transilvania
Local time: 13:01
English to German
+ ...
Dec 13, 2007

Hello colleagues

I don't get Dragon NaturallySpeaking working with Word 2007 and Wordfast. Although I have placed the macro code in both Word 2007 and Wordfast the cursor keeps slipping around to the top of the document. Does anyone have a solution for this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:01
French to English
+ ...
Pandora's box - activate FirstkeyDNS Dec 14, 2007

Have you tried activating FirstkeyDNS in Pandora's box? This should stop the cursor jumping. It's based on a find and replace macro which has the same effect, but means you don't have to keep on doing it with every new document. Certainly works for me!

HTH,

Claire

Transilvania
Transilvania
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Dec 14, 2007

Thanks for your reply!

Where can I find this option and how can I activate it? Is Pandoras Box Setup>PB? If so where is this function?

Greets

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Setup - Pandora's Box - remove underscore Dec 14, 2007

Hello,

If you click on setup, then Pandora's box and go down the list, you should find the command FirstKey_DNS with an underscore somewhere in it. If you remove the underscore, that will activate the command when you save the new set-up. This is a relatively recent command, so if you haven't got a recent version of Wordfast, it might be worth upgrading to the latest version. Check and see if it's in your list first though!

Good luck!

Claire

Transilvania
Transilvania
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 14, 2007

Thank you very much Claire that went smoothly. Is there anything I can do to make Wordfast capitalize words at the beginning of a segment? It tends to write all small. Or auto recognition of that ?

Greets

Joachim

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
in PB Dec 14, 2007

try activating CapitalizeFirstTargetLetter

(just learned what this PB function does from Claire the other day - thanks again, that was very helpful!)

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Watch out for acronyms though... Dec 14, 2007

Hi again Lori,

And perhaps we should point out again that whilst CapitaliseFirstTargetLetter is invaluable for Dragon, it does mean that any acronyms at the beginning of your sentences will automatically be changed to First letter caps, rest small as each segment is validated. However, I figure it's a price worth paying and as long as you're aware of it, it's not really a huge problem, as you can just change them when you edit.

Have a good weekend!

Claire

Michel A.
Michel A.  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
CapitalizeFirstTargetLetter doesn't work, FirstKeyDNS does. Jan 28, 2008

Hi all,

I had exactly the same two issues (capitalizing first letters of target segment and making Dragon write into the current segment and not at the top of the doc).

I applied the suggested solutions, but Wordfast/Dragon still refuse to cap. the first letter of the target segment.

Any idea?

Cheers,

Michel

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Even after pressing Alt down? Jan 28, 2008

Hi Michel,

The initial letter is only capitalized after you press Alt down to go the next segment - are you sure you've given it time to work? I know I had this problem when I first started using Dragon with Wordfast and assumed it would automatically start with a capital, but of course the command is a Wordfast command, not Dragon, so only takes effect after you've validated the segment.

Apologies if this isn't your problem.....

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Wordfast Plugin 2007

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »