Olivia Bisegna  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:44
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 4, 2008

Hi all,

I know I have the Wordfast icons to work with and that's fine, but I'd like to be able to use the toolbar in the menu bar too. Unfortunately, it does not work. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind attention to this matter.

Olivia

Direct link Reply with quote

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Please clarify Jan 4, 2008

Olivia Bisegna wrote:

I know I have the Wordfast icons to work with and that's fine, but I'd like to be able to use the toolbar in the menu bar too. Unfortunately, it does not work. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Olivia, please clarify the issue. What do you mean by "toolbar in the menu bar"? Do you mean the "Wordfast" drop-down menu, usually next to the "Help" menu in Word? If so, what happens when you click one of its items? If these items are dead or cause an error message saying the macro can't be found, download and install Wordfast again - there was a short-lived Wordfast build in which the menu was inoperative. If your problem is different, let us know more.

Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wf drop down menu near the Help button Jan 4, 2008

Hi David,

thanks for your prompt reply. I have already tried your suggestion (unistall and re-install quite a few times at no avail), so I assume my version must be the one which had problems. what do you reccomend? Should I download the new 5.5 version?

regards.

Olivia

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Yes, install latest update Jan 4, 2008

Olivia Bisegna wrote:

thanks for your prompt reply. I have already tried your suggestion (unistall and re-install quite a few times at no avail), so I assume my version must be the one which had problems. what do you reccomend? Should I download the new 5.5 version?

Yes, absolutely. Go ahead and download the latest version at www.wordfast.net. Good luck!

Drozjp  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 12:44
English to Japanese
Just a thought Jan 5, 2008

Hi Olivia,

You'd better download the older version (5.52y) just in case.
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

I had annoying problems with the latest 5.52zu and it made a huge mess on my precious Word file!
I may be the only one having troubles with the latest version but it seems like some WF users have been experiencing different kind of problems from mine.

Good luck!

Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new version installed now nothing works!!! Jan 6, 2008

What a disaster!!! When I click on the Wf icon a windows shows up saying run-time error 6068 Program access to Visual basic project not reliable.

Whta can I do now?

HELP.

Olivia

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Adjust MS Word settings Jan 6, 2008

Olivia Bisegna wrote:

What a disaster!!! When I click on the Wf icon a windows shows up saying run-time error 6068 Program access to Visual basic project not reliable.

Olivia, follow the instructions in WfReadMe text file, which is part of the Wordfast download. It tells you what settings need to be adjusted in MS Word (and provides instructions for classical Word versions as well as for Word 2007). Error 6068 means you need to change a setting in MS Word. When you do the settings, quit Word and start it again. Wordfast will run properly.

Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Panic withdrawn! Jan 6, 2008

Hi David,

thanks for supporting me on this miserable Sunday. It now works. I was probably a bit panicky because recently nothing seems to work. My printer failed, my house phone too, my cellphone fell and the display is no longer working, I tried to update the antivirus three times and the system won't take my payment... I am so fed up today.

Your support was like a rosebud blossoming in my dreary day.

Olivia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast toolbar shows but does not open

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search