https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/95017-is_this_normal.html

Is this normal?
Thread poster: springie
springie
springie
Local time: 19:50
English to Romanian
Jan 23, 2008

My document shows, after translation, both source and translated text, after working with wordfast, plus some numbers into brackets. Is this normal?
I worked with a demo version, and there was no problem, until some certain moment, when this problem occured. I thought it is because of the demo version, but now I use the full one, and it is the same. Maybe I activated some option and I do not know, I am at the very beginning with wordfast.
Thank you, and I hope I do not look too stupi
... See more
My document shows, after translation, both source and translated text, after working with wordfast, plus some numbers into brackets. Is this normal?
I worked with a demo version, and there was no problem, until some certain moment, when this problem occured. I thought it is because of the demo version, but now I use the full one, and it is the same. Maybe I activated some option and I do not know, I am at the very beginning with wordfast.
Thank you, and I hope I do not look too stupid asking this.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Yes Jan 23, 2008

What you describe is the bilingual document. You have to clean it in order to get the target document only. Go to Tools-Cleanup and chose Update TM. After cleanup the bilingual document will have the extension .bak.
And read the manual, please!
Cheers
Heinrich

springie
springie
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 23, 2008

Thank you, you are a life saver!
I am waiting for my baby to come to this world these week, and my mind is a little "scattered".
All the best for you!

Elena Bellucci
Elena Bellucci
Local time: 18:50
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
To hide... Jan 23, 2008

If you want to hide the brackets and numbers while you are still working on the text, go under Tools>Options in Word and unmark the option to view Hidden Text (I'm not sure how it is called in your MSWord version).

[Edited at 2008-01-23 13:25]

springie
springie
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Jan 23, 2008

Thank you both, your answers are exactly what I needed!

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:50
Member (2006)
French to English
shortcut key Feb 5, 2008

Elena Bellucci wrote:

If you want to hide the brackets and numbers while you are still working on the text, go under Tools>Options in Word and unmark the option to view Hidden Text (I'm not sure how it is called in your MSWord version).

[Edited at 2008-01-23 13:25]

Or use the MS Word shortcut key CTL + ,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is this normal?

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »