https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/97739-cannot_open_glossary_in_word_2007.html

Cannot open glossary in Word 2007
Thread poster: VIVA VOCE Ltd.
VIVA VOCE Ltd.
VIVA VOCE Ltd.  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 02:31
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 21, 2008

I have successfully installed WF in my Windows Vista and can create TM without problems. However, I can't create glossaries. Each time I try there's a pop-up window saying runtime error: 424 Object required. Please note that I have activated all necessary settings - VB Editor, macros etc. Pls advise. Thanks.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Build bug Feb 21, 2008

Dear Ljerka,

I came across this same bug during a training the other day with both Word 2007 and 2003 on XP computers.
There's an easy workaround: open a blank notepad file, give it a name and save it with your other glossaries, then select it via the WF setup menu.

Good luck,

John

VIVA VOCE Ltd.
VIVA VOCE Ltd.  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The simple ways... Feb 21, 2008

Thanks. Works great. Saved me heaps of trouble for tomorrow's training.
Owe you one

Valérie Lapotre (X)
Valérie Lapotre (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Still getting the 'run-time error 424 May 14, 2008

John Di Rico wrote:

Dear Ljerka,

I came across this same bug during a training the other day with both Word 2007 and 2003 on XP computers.
There's an easy workaround: open a blank notepad file, give it a name and save it with your other glossaries, then select it via the WF setup menu.

Good luck,

John

Hi John,

How are you doing?
I did try what you recommended but I think I am not getting it right. I have the same issue as Ljerka, running WF 5.52zx on Vista with Office 2003, I can open any existing glossary but get systematically this 'run-time error 424' message each time I try to create a new glossary.
Following your advice, I opened a blank notepad file and saved it with my glossaries, but I am not sure what to do next. What do you mean by 'select it via the WF menu'?
Many thanks for your advice.
Have a good evening !!

Valérie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open glossary in Word 2007

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »