Opening an online dictionary from wordfast
Thread poster: Roy Williams

Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 13:13
German to English
Feb 28, 2008

hello all

I'm would like to set up my dictionary function to go to a specific online dictionary. I've tried following the instructions in the manual and the viewed other forum post on this topic. So far I've only been semi-successful.

Wordfast knows where my internet explorer is and I've entered Internet Explor;^o{pause}http://www.dict.cc/{Enter}{pause}{Searchword} for the Kex button.

What happens is that wordfast just goes to whatever site I was on last. If a dictionary site (leo or dict.cc) it first enters the web address in the search field and offers translations for http and then it enters the search word but does not search translations for it.

Does any one know how I can get wordfast to go directly to the site I specify and then enter and translate the search word only and not the web address?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Use intelliwebsearch Mar 3, 2008

Hi WilRoy,

I use intelliwebsearch. It is much better than Wordfast's dictionary function.

Good luck,

John

Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 5, 2008

Hi John

Thanks for the tip. I've installed intelliwebsearch and it has proven useful! It took a bit of time to figure out how to navigate through it and add my own searches but once done it was easy to use. The only hangup is that with explorer, it opens a new window with each search but the author has already explained the reason.

best regards

Roy

Soizic CiFuentes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:13
Member (2003)
English to French
Intelliwebsearch Mar 7, 2008

Is there any known problems using it with Vista ? I have a Toshiba notebook.

Thanks,

Soizic

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening an online dictionary from wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search